Cut Lines for July 12, 2013
Fred Boutique's closing, Beyonce's stylist and more.
It's a good day to be a fan of fashion. Let's get to the news.
- Fred Boutique will be closing its Water Street location, according to the Business Journal, which means no more Black Friday 3 a.m. jaunts for this journalist.
- A "Refashion for Life" charity fashion show is planned for Sept. 11 at Callen Construction’s Muskego Showroom (S63 W13131 Janesville Rd.) to benefit CommonGround
- BuzzFeed has started a "How I Made It in Fashion" series in which Amy Odell transcribes conversations from those who have earned some sort of discernible fashion-industry success. Here model Josephine Skriver talks in great detail about her personal connection to gay marriage as well as how she was discovered.
- One celebrity stylist spared no details when describing to Italian Vogue what it was like to style Beyonce and Rihanna. It's fantastic.
Think I missed something? Email me at email@example.com or tweet @cchanan.
- As previously reported, Uniqlo is opening stores in Bangladesh. The BBC has the details how it plans to do so.