Cut Lines for June 28, 2013
MKE's Fashion District, e-commerce models and Kim and Kanye's daughter's name.
Hey y'all, let's get to the fashion news of the week.
- An NYU professor has taken to Vogue to defend Kimye's choice of "North West" for their newborn daughter.
- This week was an undoubtedly historic week for the LGBT community. Accordingly, Fashionista is spotlighting the queer voices in fashion. And it's definitely worth a look.
- The winner of today's best fashion-ish lede goes to The New York Times for its story on the website Betches Love This. Enjoy.
- Have you noticed those MKE Fashion District banners dotting a segment of Water Street? Two local retailers are behind them, and their intent was to make that part of downtown a shopping destination.
- E-commerce and retail have become quite cozy friends in the last decade. But from basic e-commerce websites to flash sale sites like Gilt.com, Business of Fashion takes a look at the models working best. It's an important read for anyone in the biz.