Morning Links for June 25, 2013
Edward Snowden, the Nook and UW-Milwaukee's new research center.
Another stormy forecast? Welcome to summer in Milwaukee. Take cover and read the news.
- Where in the world is Edward Snowden? New York Magazine rounds up the latest clues.
- The construction on UW-Milwaukee's $80 million research center is underway at Kenwood Blvd. and Maryland Ave. In other news, construction is underway on every road in the entire city. Enjoy your commute.
- The A.V. Club Milwaukee's Matt Wild hosts a lively discussion of the question "Is this year's Summerfest lineup any good?" It's verbose, but worth it. The Big Gig starts tomorrow.
- Barnes & Noble will stop making the Nook tablet. What's a bookworm to do? Oh, yes, books.
- Bay View's Kinnickinnic Avenue is getting a face lift thanks to some change from the city and a loan from the Kinnickinnic Avenue Business Improvement District. Shepherd Express has the details.