Morning Links for June 19, 2014
Bearded Brett Favre, a malicious beaver, and Harley's first electric motorcycle.
The surgeon general prescribes eight hours of sleep, three square meals a day, and a daily dose of our Morning Links.
- Brett Favre is in the news for something unrelated to the Green Bay Packers. The heavily bearded former quarterback is endorsing Mississippi Sen. Thad Cochran in his bid for reelection.
- A New York man fought off a vicious beaver while he was kayaking. Although beavers are said to be vegetarians that rarely attack humans, this critter pursued his victim with gusto. The man survived the attack, but described the experience as "like watching a horror movie.
- Today is June 19, also known as Juneteenth Day, which honors the abolishment of slavery. On Martin Luther King Drive in Milwaukee, the occasion is celebrated with a parade and street festival.
- Wired.com has a rad article about Harley-Davidson’s first electric motorcycle. It doesn’t rumble like traditional Harleys do, but it can reach 60 miles per hour in under four seconds.
- Blue-green algae in our inland lakes? Eew. The Wisconsin DNR is getting the word out about this illness-causing sludge. If you see it, don’t touch it. Notify the DNR immediately. Let’s be safe out there.