Cut Lines for June 14, 2013
From young models to the latest in the resort collections, here's the latest in fashion news.
The latest and potentially greatest in this week's fashion news. Read on and have a great weekend.
- BuzzFeed's Amy Odell has a somewhat lengthy piece on the declining relevance of personal style blogs. Or, rather, why many think that decline should start right about now. It's definitely worth a thought.
- Speaking of fashion bloggers, Business of Fashion has a business-side-of-blogging installment on Cinemagraph, in which we learn of their love of Tumblr and how they make their commission.
- Style.com has the news that New York state has passed a law to "protect" models under the age of 18. Details about the hour restrictions, adult supervision and more can be found here.
- In honor of Kanye West's "projections" appearing in Milwaukee tonight, BuzzFeed has rounded up some critical comments on the latest collection from one of the rapper's favorite designers. If you guess Givenchy's Riccardo Tisci, you'd be correct. In my opinion, his latest resort collection, while it's nothing earth-shattering, is nicely tailored.
- Because I couldn't say it better myself, here's The New York Times' Cathy Horyn's roundup on the latest in the 2014 resort collections. If, collectively, designers wanted to stop designing resort collections, that would be OK too.