Morning Links for June 12, 2014
The kickoff to the World Cup, eight-dollar ice cubes, and Aaron Rodgers on turning the Big 3-0.
It's always a good day when it begins with our inimitable Morning Links:
- So Aaron Rodgers – our “A-Rod” – is supposedly dating a Hollywood starlet. The Green Bay Packer talks about far more relevant things – like sports and his 30th birthday – in this new interview.
- A “high-end ice cube”? A company named Glace Luxury Ice, which supplies ice to cocktail bars, has released a cube that costs $8. Yes, eight bucks per cube. Imagine adding that to your Scotch.
- The 2014 World Cup begins today in Brazil. The first game starts at 4 p.m. Eastern Time. Here’s a little primer on the month-long tournament.
- In the 1970s, our fair city commissioned an openly gay artist from Manhattan to paint the floor of the MECCA. When the Bucks moved to the Bradley Center in the late '80s, the floor didn't move with them. Here's the story of what happened to it.
- It's been 20 years since the O.J. Simpson Bronco chase, and we know you still think about Milwaukee native/former Simpson house guest Kato Kaelin is up to.