Morning Links for May 29, 2014
The Milwaukee Bucks in London, a local bar makes a national list, and an attack on Brad Pitt.
To be or not to be is not the question. It's to Morning Link or not to Morning Link. The answer is always to Link it up!
- Madison’s Brat Fest, held this weekend, is down one controversial personality. The Wisconsin State Journal reports that Bob Lenz, who reportedly has connections to a group that opposes abortion, was scheduled to give a speech on teenage suicide. But Lenz’s invite has been rescinded.
- Eater.com has released its list of the “essential cocktail bars” in the U.S. of A. Any local names? Oh, yeah. And probably a name with which you’re familiar.
- Brad Pitt got slapped! At the Hollywood premiere of his partner Angelina Jolie’s movie, Maleficent, a Ukrainian journalist – the same person who crawled under actress America Ferrera’s dress at a Cannes event earlier this month – jumped the theater barricade and reportedly hit the actor.
- Here's your daily dose of grisly. You likely know about open casket wakes. A dead woman in Puerto Rico was arranged in a seated position in a rocking chair.
- The Milwaukee Bucks are scheduled to play the New York Knicks in, of all cities, London. This comes as the result of reports that the NBA is attempting to expand its "global reach."