Cut Lines for May 17, 2013
Lauren Conrad, Moda Operandi and Discovery World all in one digestible place.
The Met Gala may be over, but the fashion world keeps right on churning. Here are the headlines - locally and nationally - that caught my eye:
- Fashionista, via Page Six, is reporting that the CEO of Moda Operandi, Aslaug Magnusdottir, might be out. This shake-up comes on the heels of last week's Met Gala, which the company sponsored.
- Discovery World's Fashion Forward party kicks off tonight. The party features designs by former Pfister artist-in-residence Timothy Westbrook as well as Michael Gaffney, in addition to a select group of Mount Mary student designers. Plus, a DJ and a lot of fun.
- Mark your calendars, reality TV fans and fashion mavens. On Wednesday, June 12, former The Hills star Lauren Conrad will stop by Boswell Book Company to chat about her latest book, Infamous.
- Business of Fashion has a delightful Q&A with the founders of Refinery29.com, which they'll be relaunching soon.
- Cathy Horyn, The New York Times fashion critic, rains some hate on Baz Luhrmann's The Great Gatsby, calling its fashion "schizoid." What did you think?