Morning Links for April 1, 2014
Nothing fake about 'em.
The best news of the day is that we're one day closer to an alleged return of spring.
- It's time to vote, y'all. On the ballot are a few suburban mayors and the referendum on the salaries of Milwaukee County Supervisors.
- Today U.S. Rep. Paul Ryan will unveil a budget plan that, says Reuters, "seeks to bolster
Republicans' campaign credentials as the party of fiscal prudence but
also leaves them open to fresh attacks over deep cuts to social
- Gov. Walker confirmed to the Journal Times that he'll officially announce his run for another term in early to mid-April. He also confirmed current Lt. Gov. Rebecca Kleefisch as his running mate.
- Wired takes a historical look at Gmail, Google's email service, on its 10th anniversary.
- Radio, television host and one-man book publishing empire Glenn Beck faces a defamation suit from the man he called the "money man" behind last year's Boston Marathon bombing. No one is sure where Beck got his incorrect information from, but the transcript from his radio show is astounding in its sheer vehemence.