Dining          Events          A&E          Style          The Daily Mil          Blogs          Photos          Guides          Magazine
Q. Should I get help preparing my return?
Milwaukee Bar Association
A. The tax code is so complicated most tax professionals look things up from time to time. Even if your return is simple (one income source, no significant deductions, etc.) you should consult a tax professional before filing your return. Many tax preparation companies offer free preparation of simple federal returns (Form 1040EZ). However, they typically charge an additional fee to complete your state return, so be sure to shop around!

That said, price should not be your only consideration. Be sure to consult with a tax professional you trust, who has experience helping clients in your situation.


  • Atty. Joseph Cohen
  • Cohen Counsel LLC
  • 250 E Wisconsin Ave 18th Fl
  • Milwaukee, WI 53202-4232
  • Phone: (414) 409-7129

You must login to post a comment. Login or Register

MOST Commented