Morning Links for March 20, 2013
A morning news roundup so you don't have to.
Good morning, Milwaukeeans. Here is a list of our recommended reading from our town and beyond. Think we missed something? Tell us in the comments.
- The Journal Sentinel is reporting that the Mayfair Collections' groundbreaking - the site of a slew of new buildings including a Nordstrom Rack - will take place April 16.
- A.V. Club Milwaukee is loving the locally produced podcast Midwest Real, which has featured an impressive array of guests. We could get into this.
- One reporter at Madison's The Capital Times says he's been put on State Rep. Don Pridemore's (R-Hartford) "do not call" list, along with reporters from the Journal Sentinel, Associated Press, and Wisconsin State Journal, because Pridemore has considered their coverage of him "unfair."
- The Bucks beat the Portland Trailblazers 102-95, though at halftime our hometown team was up by 27 points, according to the Journal Sentinel. A win is a win?
- On the national level, President Obama has arrived in Israel for a two-day visit - the first of its kind in his presidency. The New York Times has all the details fit to print.
- Plenty of people, including teens, are beginning to feel like "privacy is dead," thanks to the rise of social media. AdWeek has the details in colorful graphic form.