Welcome to what we can only assume is the first edition of sub-zero links.
- The bitter cold has officially hit the Milwaukee area, reports Fox 6. This is the coldest weather in the area for almost two decades.
- The cold temps are already being blamed for a pipe that burst at the Milwaukee County Children's Court over the weekend.
- Radio 620 is also reporting power outages in Whitewater. The winter weather is being blamed, says WE Energies.
- The city is mostly closed; schools are closed; the county is also functioning with a skeleton staff. One thing that is not closed during this snap of cold weather? The public libraries.
- One Milwaukee native wasn't as bothered by the cold weather as most of Wisconsin might have hoped. The 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick was able to overcome the weather – sleeveless, no less – to beat the Packers at home.