Cut Lines for Nov. 1, 2013
A local vintage fashion show, Mary Kate and Ashley news and Kmart. What?
Your weekly fashion roundup has all sort of low-cal goodies for your post-Halloween comedown.
- Mary Kate and Ashley Olson have launched two fragrances under their Elizabeth and James brand. They will hit Sephora's web and retail stores exclusively in January. Jay-Z is also launching a men's fragrance.
- Mark your calendars: On Nov. 23, a group of vintage collectors will be hosting a fashion show dubbed Femme Adorn III. The show is set to take place at The Hamilton and the vintage styling will come courtesy of So Passé,
Brown Cow Vintage, Luxx Boutique, Bolted Vintage and Sunshine Acid
- The Telegraph plays a hypothetical game of musical chairs as it tries to determine who will take over the creative reins at Louis Vuitton, Jil Sander, Thiery Mugler and "potentially" Martin Margiela.
- Florence Eiseman, Milwaukee's children's clothing designer of choice since 1945, has moved to a new location in the Fifth Ward (1966 S. 4th St.). The Florence Eiseman wares are sold throughout the country, including Saks Fifth Ave. and Neiman Marcus.
- Lastly, let's talk Kmart. The Cut has a charming little story about that time the editor made her staffers wear Nicki Minaj's Kmart line, surprisingly, things went well. More surprising is that Adam Levine's Kmart collection is selling like crazy.