Let's get right down to this week's fashion business.
- Business of Fashion has an interesting op-ed lamenting the criticism heaped on fashion bloggers who dare clutter up the tents during fashion month. An excerpt:
"But the way I see it, bloggers are fashion outsiders and that’s precisely what makes us a trustworthy voice: your stylish best friend who tells it like it is. We’re not caught up in the delicate politics, diplomacy and more-than-occasional cattiness of the industry. While editors can often be motivated by influential friends or loyalty to advertisers, we are free agents."
Do you agree? Leave it in the comments.
- Which came first: Miley Cyrus or Alexander Wang's Spring 2014 ad campaign?
- The NYT announced earlier this week that CFDA President Diane von Furstenberg won't be showing at the Lincoln Center tents for the upcoming round of fall shows.
- The February cover of British Vogue is delightful. The colors, Georgia's tender pose, her fantastic jean jacket, the hair. It all works.
- MOdE, in Wauwatosa, is having quite the sales bonanza including 60 percent off all footwear.
- It looks like the Nordstrom Rack, also to be opened in Wauwatosa, is getting one step closer to doing so. A handful of jobs for the Mayfair Collection Rack have been posted to the company's careers page.