Cut Lines for Oct. 4, 2013
All the fashion news you need this morning.
It's a gloomy Milwaukee morning, so I've got some good reads to brighten your coffee hour. Let's get to it.
- Kerry Washington, actress and cover girl of the moment, has some consistently spectacular style. Here's all the proof you need. Scandal's costume designer, Lyn Paolo, gives Fashionista the scoop on how she keeps Washington looking like TV's best-dressed lady season after season.
- It was announced this week that Marc Jacobs is leaving the post at Louis Vuitton to work on his namesake collection and, following in the lucrative steps of Michael Kors, potentially take his company public. And, because he can, Jacobs made the decision to leave LV at the last minute.
- Have you ever shopped Fab.com? I haven't, but I'm curious who has. The two-year-old company, last valued at $1 billion, cut slightly more than 100 jobs in hopes of turning a profit.
- The New York Times Style section, God bless it, has a story about Upper East Side women wearing yoga pants, likely Lululemon, to non-workout activities like shopping and brunch. Like we haven't been doing that in Milwaukee for years.
- Next Wednesday, Milwaukee Magazine is partnering with the Institute of Beauty and Wellness for the "Heart Lands Benefit Fashion Show." And we're having a ticket giveaway so keep up with our Style page to win.