Morning Links for Oct. 3, 2013
Supervolcanoes, cute pandas, baby smells, and more.
Get on the bandwagon -- the Morning Links bandwagon. Reading our collection of morning must-reads will make you smarter. For real.
- Singer Sinead O’Connor cares. At least about being in the news. The Irish songstress has written an open letter to Miley Cyrus after the latter’s music video inspired by O’Connor's song "Nothing Compares" came out. The letter begins, “I am extremely concerned for you…” Clicking this might make your coffee taste better. Or not.
- Oh, to be Wayne Klinkel! Mr. Klinkel’s one-eyed Golden Retriever, Sundance, ate five $100 bills. But before you feel bad for him.... Klinkel was able to retrieve the bills, and over the course of the following days, he reassembled them. His efforts were not for naught. The U.S. Treasury has reimbursed him. And Sundance is no longer in the dog house.
- Serious dose of cute! The twin pandas born at Zoo Atlanta are approaching 100 days old. Which means, according to Chinese tradition, that they will be named. Seriously, people, these cubs are cute!
- New parents will tell you that that newborn baby smell is like – forgive this analogy – crack. Instead of a fragrant myth, researchers believe that intoxicating smell is real.
- Supervolcanoes on Mars? Heck, yeah. Not that you'll see them firsthand any time soon. But these volcanoes are bigger than your average. That means huge magma chambers! Cool!