Fancy yourself a photo fanatic? A colossus of the camera? An ar-tist? Want to get published in Milwaukee Magazine? Well, here’s your chance. Grab that snazzy point and shoot (or your shiny digital SLR) because we at Milwaukee Magazine and InsideMilwaukee.com, in partnership with the Coalition of Photographic Arts (CoPA), copamilwaukee.com, are starting a bi-monthly photo contest.
Every other month we’ll pick a new theme and announce it in Milwaukee Magazine, on InsideMilwaukee.com, on Twitter (@milwaukeemag) and on the Milwaukee Magazine Facebook page. After the submission deadline passes, photos will be posted online and voting will open. The winning photo, as determined by public voting, Milwaukee Magazine staff and CoPA, will ultimately run in the magazine. In the magazine! So let’s get started.
This month’s theme is “Classic Milwaukee.” Interpret away, and start shooting.
1. Send submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org (please include the theme in the subject line)
2. Submissions must be hi-res (300 dpi, minimum of 6×6 inches)
3. Please include your full name, city of residence, a short bio and a caption with your submission
4. Only ONE submission per person is allowed. All submissions are due by noon Friday, Aug. 5
6. Photos will be posted online at InsideMilwaukee.com on Aug. 8, and voting will begin
7. Voting will be open until noon on Friday, Aug. 12
8. The winning photograph will be published in our October issue as well as online
9. The photo doesn’t need to have been shot specifically for this contest, but it must not have been previously published
10. The photographer retains the copyright. But Milwaukee Magazine has the right to print the winning photograph in the current issue and online. We also reserve the right to use the photo both in print and online in any promotional materials related to the photo contest.
Best of luck and be sure to look for the winning photo in October.
Milwaukee Magazine, InsideMilwaukee.com and CoPA